Sunday, April 12, 2015

C4T 3

John Spencer : Sometimes Quantity is Better than Quality

     This post spoke about how students you constantly attempt something and work on it in order to improve themselves.  By moving through the failures we are able to then make progress in our learning.  My comment pertained to this information.

     When I first saw the title of this blog post, I wasn't quite sure what to think.  After reading it however I must say I could not agree with you more.  I find that repetition can help with almost anything.  The idea that people will try something and become discouraged after they see failure resonated true to me.  Its not until after you push through the initial lapses do you really start to make progress.  You sometimes just have to sit and grind something out until you finally are able to understand it or see what must be done.  I think that this is  a lost art today, with most people simply wanting something to be handed to them or quit rather than work hard for something.



John Spencer : That's Not Why We Make Things

     This post pertained to the ideas of why we as humans create things and why project based learning is important today.  The post spoke about how this idea of learning is fading fast and that it is important.

     I think that you are spot on with your idea here.  Creating things with your own bare hands makes something much more valuable to you than other ways.  You have the right idea that the creative element of a project makes it that much more important to a student.  The joy of being able to make something that comes from yourself not only engages you more, but helps you to learn as well.  I think that learning today is focused to much on just teaching the material and then sending the students on to the next thing and not giving them the ability to really create.  I think that more teachers should encourage their students to be creative and to use project based learning.

Creativity

No comments:

Post a Comment