Sunday, February 1, 2015

EDM 310 Blog Post 3

Outline :
A. Watch "What is Peer Editing"
B. View "Peer Edit with Perfection Tutorial" slideshow
C.  Watch "Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes"
D. 1. Answer questions about what I believe peer editing is.
     2. What I believe the best way to approach peer editing is.
     3. How I will go about peer editing for my fellow EDM 310 classmates.
     4. What I believe the importance of peer editing is.
     5. Reflection upon what I learned from the resources.



       Peer editing in its most basic form is simply having your work reviewed by your fellow students and having them give you feedback on what they think would help make it better.  I think that the best way to approach peer editing would be just like it is stated in "What is Peer Editing", "Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes" and in the "Peer Edit with Perfection Tutorial" slideshow.  In these sources the spoke of the three simply steps to peer editing.  The steps include compliment, suggestions, corrections and each has its own importance to the process.  I think that this process should be universal in a sense.  Peer editing should be helpful and should take away from the pressure of having an instructor grade your work.  Your peers should be encouraging and compliment what they like about your work.  Then they should build off this with suggestions in order to make what you've done become more clear.  After this they should help to make corrections to what the author has done in the sense of grammar and spelling.  I find this the to be the best way of editing because it helps to build a bond with your fellow student while also helping to better your work.
     When I go about peer editing for EDM 310 I will stick to what I learned from the already mentioned sources. I would be as constructive as possible. The last thing that I would want to do is make a fellow peer feel as if I was attacking their work. This can lead to my fellow peers not wanting to actively participate in later peer editing.  I would make sure that suggestions that were made would help to clear up and strengthen the message sent by the author.  People don't like to have everything in their work knit picked.  The only corrections I would help make would be with grammar and any spelling that the author may have missed in their own revision.  I think that peer editing is important because it takes the stress away of having your teacher grade it.  The corrections feel less severe and it seems to be more personal because you have a stronger relationship with your peers.  This also helps you to have connections with fellow classmates.  Peer editing is a useful tool in the classroom because it helps to build positive relationships among students and help them better themselves through editing one another's work.  I grasped my ideas about peer editing from the numerous sources I was told to view before writing this blog post. They helped me to realize that you should take the criticism presented by your peers not to heart, they are only being constructive towards you and your work and when you are helping editing work you simply need to compliment, suggest and then correct.

1 comment:

  1. All blog posts should have links throughout, according to what websites or videos you are referring to. All blog posts should also have a picture related to the topic.

    ReplyDelete