Thursday, January 15, 2015

EDM 310 Practice Blog Post

Outline
1. Describe in a few sentences basic information about myself.
2. Reasons for why I want to become an educator.
3. What I believe that an educator does in his or her practice.
4. Give a few examples of the things that I am thoroughly passionate about.

       Hello, my name is Boston Morgan.  I am from Navarre Florida, which is a town a few miles East of Pensacola.  I am a Secondary Education major here at South.  My father is in the Air Force and is currently stationed in Kansas, while my mother is still in Navarre.  I have an older brother named Jordan who goes to the University of Central Florida.  Being in a military family I have lived in multiple places including Alabama, Georgia, North Dakota and finally Florida.  I originally was going to attend South with a group of my friends, however I was the only one who enrolled here.  I liked the atmosphere at the University and it is also fairly close to home for me.  I'm mainly interested in sports and spend most of my time playing them or relaxing playing games.  I want to become an educator because throughout my learning experiences there were many teachers along the way who had a profound impact on my education.  Because they were passionate about their teachings it made it easier to learn and made the processing of learning in their respective courses fun.  My goal is to have the same impact on my future students and to make learning an enjoyable time for all of them.
       Educators in the 21st century are leaned on more heavily now there previously.  They are charged with instructing today's youth.  We live in a technologically advanced age nowadays and it is more prevalent now than ever that educators are able to use technology to their full effect.  They are expected to help students, educationally and in other ways, in order to shape them and prep them for the college experience.  Personally, I am passionate about many things.  I am an avid sports fan and I try to participate in as many intramural sports as possible.  Often times I'll find myself spending most of my afternoon at the rec center with my friends.  I also enjoy just hanging out with my friends at my apartment and playing various games, mainly Nintendo 64.  I just like to relax and have fun.  I'd like to become better at making deadlines because I am a huge procrastinator at times and it more often than not leads to some unnecessary stress.





No comments:

Post a Comment