Sunday, January 18, 2015

EDM 310 Blog Post 1

       I have heard many things about EDM 310.  I have heard mixed reviews about the course pertaining to the difficulty.  Some have told me that the course is hard while others say that as long as you put in the time and effort it is an enjoyable course.  My main concerns about the class would be pertaining to the projects.  I have never taken a project based course in college and EDM 310 will be my first course like this.  While I am excited by the idea it also makes me nervous because, like I previously said, I've never taken a course that was project based.  This course compared to others I've taken are rather different.  In all the classes that I have taken in college they have been lecture based, but in this course it will be more based off of interactions between myself and the rest of the class.  I think that the most difficult part of the course will be time management pertaining to projects. I feel like if you start to lose track of time and forget to do assignments in the class then you will quickly fall behind, which is my biggest fear.  I just plan to stay on top of it by making sure everyday I have prepared for the class and assignments.  Putting in the work won't be an issue for me.  Although I was a bit nervous about the course before we started, after reading the syllabus and hearing more about it I'm excited to really get into the bulk of the class and to start participating in all the activities.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Boston!

    I have also heard mixed reviews about this course. Mainly bad things, but hopefully we won't have any major struggles! Not going to lie, I still have a few nerves stirring around about this class, but like you said, as long as we manage our time appropriately with blogs and projects then we should be fine! This is also the first class that I've taken that is project based rather than lecturing. Not having to take any tests or quizzes is kind of weird to me, but I think the learning format in this class will benefit us better with the knowledge we will take out of it.

    ReplyDelete